Our Children and Young People degrees enable you to gain a comprehensive understanding of child health and wellbeing, explore the influences on child and adolescent mental health, and study the social, cultural, political and developmental contexts of childhood and youth around the world.
Alternatively, you can gain an insight into the key factors that impact upon learning, immerse yourself in child development and psychology, or focus on the fundamental principles of working and teaching in early years or primary settings.
Whether you’re seeking a career supporting the learning and development, health and wellbeing or social welfare of children and young people, we have a highly relevant programme for you.
Child Health and Wellbeing
- BA (Hons) Childhood and Youth Studies
- BA (Hons) Childhood & Youth Studies and Criminology
- BA (Hons) Childhood & Youth Studies and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Children and Young People’s Learning and Development (Primary)
- FdA Early Years Education and Leadership
- BA (Hons) Teaching, Learning and Child Development
- BA (Hons) Working and Teaching in The Early Years
- BA (Hons) Working with Children 5-11
We also offer conversion (top-up) degrees which focus on leadership and management in early years settings:
Our Child Health and Wellbeing programmes are based in the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine.
Offering some of the best facilities for health, social care and medicine students in the country, the outstanding teaching and learning resources include leading edge clinical skills facilities, an 860-seat lecture theatre, and a variety of teaching rooms and social learning spaces.
Childhood Studies students will join the Department of Social Sciences which is located in the £17m Creative Edge. The highly contemporary facilities include a lecture theatre, seminar rooms, IT facilities and smaller tutorial spaces. There are also social learning areas which encourage a more informal and interactive style of learning.
Professional Education programmes are based in the Faculty of Education. The state-of-the-art facilities include a 300-seat lecture theatre, five well-equipped ICT suites, and 18 teaching rooms complete with the latest technology.