A comprehensive professional development portfolio is available for teachers, those supporting teaching and learning and others working in schools and educational settings.
Alternatively, you may wish to enhance your knowledge and understanding of a range of learning difficulties, immerse yourself in educational enquiry, deepen your subject knowledge of primary mathematics, develop skills in mentoring and coaching, or critically analyse contemporary debates in the teaching of English as a second or foreign language. A dedicated programme for newly appointed Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCos) is also available.
- PGCert Education (Dyscalculia)
- PGCert Education (Inclusion & SEN)
- MA Educational Enquiry and Professional Learning
- PGCert Mentoring and Coaching
- National Award Special Educational Needs Coordination
- MA Specialist Primary Mathematics Practice
- PGCert Specialist Primary Mathematics Practice
- PGCert SpLD (Dyslexia) with AMBDA/ATS
- MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
The Faculty of Education enjoys the enviable position of being one of the country’s leading providers of education, training and research for the Children’s Workforce.
Housed in a state-of-the-art £9m building, the Faculty of Education’s facilities include a 300-seat lecture theatre, five well-equipped ICT suites, and 18 teaching rooms complete with the latest technology.
The faculty has a strong commitment to practice-based learning and has developed partnerships with over 2,000 schools and colleges, local authorities and professional associations.