If you want to enhance your career prospects by studying an Edge Hill University programme, a number of our courses are delivered primarily or entirely online.
These online courses are designed to give you the flexibility to balance your studies with other personal and professional commitments.
Although teaching and learning methods will vary between courses, you can typically expect to participate in online lectures and tutorials and, for some programmes, interactive discussions with your peers. Extensive support is available from expert tutors and via our virtual learning environment.
The following programmes are currently available to study online:
- PGCert/MA Early Mathematics Intervention
- MA Education
- National Award Special Educational Needs Coordination (online learning with two face-to-face sessions per module)
- PGCert/MA Specialist Primary Mathematics Practice (mixed mode with occasional face-to-face sessions in Birmingham and/or Manchester)
A number of Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses are available for Secondary PGCE applicants. These programmes are delivered primarily online, with additional weekly or fortnightly evening sessions at Edge Hill University.
Health and Social Care
- CertHE Supporting Pre-Hospital Care
- BSc (Hons) International Midwifery Studies
- MSc International Midwifery Studies
- PGCert Simulation and Clinical Learning (online learning with occasional optional study days at Edge Hill University)
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Clinical Practice (online learning with occasional optional study days at Edge Hill University)
- PGCert Workplace-based Postgraduate Medical Education (online learning with occasional half-day workshops)