How to Apply

If you want to study at Edge Hill University, the application process will vary depending on your choice of course and whether you want to study on a full-time or part-time basis.

Three students chat while sitting on a bench in a courtyard outside the Main Building. One student is reading and another making notes.To study a full-time undergraduate degree, you will need to apply through the University Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Applications for part-time undergraduate study should be made directly to Edge Hill University.

Entry criteria for our degree programmes are typically expressed in UCAS Tariff points, although additional criteria may apply to selected courses. If you’re applying for an undergraduate degree, our guide to the Entry Requirements explains how to achieve the required number of UCAS Tariff points.

Most taught Masters degrees are applied for through UCAS Postgraduate, excluding professional development programmes which typically require a direct application. To join a PGCE, you must apply through UCAS Teacher Training.

Applying Through UCAS

Applying Through UCAS Postgraduate

  • Two students talk while sat by a computer screen in the Catalyst building.Applying to study a taught Masters degree (LLM/MA/MSc), Masters by Research (MRes) programme, an MBA award, Professional Doctorate or PhD, excluding most professional development courses?
  • You should apply through UCAS Postgraduate at for courses starting in academic year 2019/20;
  • We expect that most of the programmes which currently recruit via UCAS Postgraduate will use our own online application system for September 2020 entry and subsequent intake dates;
  • Our guide to UCAS Postgraduate talks you through the application process.

Applying Through UCAS Teacher Training

Applying Directly to Edge Hill University

  • A student works at a computer while wearing earphones in the Catalyst building.Applying to study a part-time undergraduate degree (BA/BSc/LLB), part-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc), Fastrack course, any conversion (top-up) degree, Subject Knowledge Enhancement course or a professional development programme?
  • You should usually apply directly to Edge Hill University. Please refer to the course information for your choice of programme in order to access the relevant application form;
  • Please note, if you wish to apply for MA Educational Enquiry and Professional Learning, applications for this professional development course are made via UCAS Postgraduate and not direct application.