Funding and Scholarships

Back to Money Advice homepage

Financial Health Checks

  • Have you applied for all the funding you’re entitled to?
  • Think you have but are unsure?
  • Speak to the Money Advice Team and we’ll be happy to check for you.

Appointments During the Coronavirus Outbreak

Due to the ongoing situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) we have taken the decision to replace face-to-face appointments and drop-in sessions for the foreseeable future with telephone or virtual appointments. If you need to contact the team, please get in touch via email.

If you would like to book a telephone appointment with one of the teams, please log in to CareerHub and book a slot as you would normally:

Get in touch:

LiveChat (Catalyst Helpdesk): 

For the latest coronavirus update from the University, please visit where you will also find a list of frequently asked questions.

Money Matters Web Pages

The Money Matters web pages provide comprehensive information for UK and EU students about tuition fees, financial support and scholarships for Edge Hill University’s undergraduate programmes. We will tell you how much your course will cost, outline the financial support which may be available, and explain how to apply for student funding.



The University offers a range of scholarships which are worth up to £2,000. Our scholarships celebrate determination, commitment and achievement in a variety of areas, as well as rewarding academic excellence, overcoming adversity, promoting equality, inspiring others and making an outstanding contribution to student life.

You can find out further information by visiting our Scholarships website 

Want to see how much you could get? Try the Scholarships Calculator

Information for overseas students is available on the International Office website

Student Finance England

You can apply to Student Finance England if you are ordinarily resident in England. You can apply for the two main costs which are Tuition fees and a Maintenance Loan to cover your costs. It is best to apply online and the funding cycle opens around February time every year.

Other Funding by Domicile

If you are not ordinarily resident in England (meaning you don’t/haven’t lived in England for three years prior to the start of your course), then you may be able to apply for support from another domicile.


NHS Bursary Funding

As of the 2017/18 Academic Year you will no longer need to apply for an NHS Bursary as all funding will be through the Student Loans Company.

Many students find that their student funding doesn’t cover all of their living costs and they need additional money to cover the shortfall. The Money Advice Team can help you to identify possible ways to maximise your income and here are some ideas for you to look into:

Charities and Trusts

Thousands of charities and trusts make grants to individual students each academic year so if you are struggling to meet your costs, you could consider applying for additional financial support.

Organisations often restrict their funding to specific groups of students, e.g. those undertaking a particular course of study, above or below a certain age or from particular parts of the UK so make sure you check the eligibility criteria carefully before you apply.

You can search online for organisations offering financial support by visiting Turn 2 Us 

Alternatively you can go to Grants for Individuals which enables you to search for grants depending on the course being studied.

Back to Money Advice homepage

Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes No Thanks for your feedback! Please tell us more: