If you're living on campus from September 2019, then why not join your Halls Facebook group? Scroll down the page for more info.
Living in Halls
It may feel overwhelming when you first move into halls, but remember that many people will be feeling the same way as you. You will soon find out who has the untidiest room, who never does their washing up and who is always staying out late! To make the most of your time in halls, take a look at the A-Z of Living in Halls for key information and advice.
Here are a few handy tips to help you settle in and feel at home:
- Don’t forget, everyone is in the same boat, so don’t be shy and make sure you spend time in the communal areas rather than in your room with the door shut!
- Join your Facebook Halls group to find out who else is living in your halls and about key events taking place on campus or important messages about life in halls.
- Label your belongings in the kitchen (and the stuff in your room). If it’s not got your name on it, it might just find its way into someone else’s kitchen cupboard or room…
- Save money by shopping and cooking with a group of friends. The Campus Life team run cooking lessons and cookery competitions during the academic year, so watch out for news of when they will be taking place.
- Try to agree with your flatmates on a rota for buying essentials such as milk and bread, or even devise a washing-up rota.
- Get involved in as much as you can. There is loads to do, on and off campus, and there is something for everyone, whether it be joining a new sports team or SU society, or watching one of the fabulous productions at the Arts Centre. Plus, all students can get free tickets to eight Arts Centre shows per year when they sign up for a FREE membership!
All residential students are required to attend a Welcome Talk during their second week. The dates and times will be posted here as well as on our Facebook page.Click to access the Campus Accommodation Portal Click to access the MyFM Portal
The Halls Facebook groups for 2019/20 were released on A Level Results Day (15 August 2019).