Living in Halls

Have you joined your Halls Facebook group?
If you're living on campus from September 2019, then why not join your Halls Facebook group? Scroll down the page for more info.
Back to Accommodation homepage

Accommodation Portal

Click on the button below to access our Accommodation Portal where you can apply to live on campus, sign your licence agreement or submit other requests, such as a request to transfer rooms.

If you do not know your password, please contact the Accommodation Team on 01695 650800 or email

Accommodation Portal

Rules and Regulations in halls

Your licence agreement

If you are living on campus or you are interested in living on campus, you can view a copy of our current halls licence agreement here: Halls Licence Agreement.

If you need a copy of your licence agreement, please email stating your student ID number in your request.

The A – Z of Living in Halls

If you are living on campus, a copy of our The A-Z of Living in Halls is placed in all rooms on campus. It contains lots of useful information about life in halls such as key contacts, payment information, and how to access support services.

Click here to see our Support on Campus poster, which lists the contact details for key services at the University.

Join your halls Facebook group

Connect with the people you’ll be living with by joining our official halls Facebook groups. They’re also a good way to stay updated with what’s happening both on and off campus.

Student Disciplinary Regulations

While you are on your course at Edge Hill University, you have agreed to the Student Regulations, which incorporates the Student Code of Behaviour. This is applicable to all students whether you live on campus or in the private sector off campus. To view the Student Disciplinary Regulations, please visit our Student Regulations page.

If you are having any problems in halls, you can speak to our Campus Life Team in Catalyst. Visit the Campus Life webpages for more information.

Overnight Guests Policy

We recognise that you will have guests to stay throughout your period in halls of residence, however for health and safety reasons it is important that you adhere to the rules detailed below:

  • Occasional guests are permitted within University Halls of Residence provided that your flatmates agree.
  • You are allowed a maximum of two guests in your room during the hours 8.00am – 8.00pm at any one time.
  • You are allowed one guest in your room during the hours 8.00pm to 8.00am.
  • One guest can stay for a maximum of two consecutive nights.
  • If you want a guest to stay in your room you must request an Overnight Guest Request Form from the Campus Life team and all completed forms should be emailed to at least three working days in advance.
  • Residents who have guests for longer than the agreed period risk disciplinary action and/or losing their place in halls of residence.
  • Overnight guests under the age of 18 are not permitted.
  • You must make your guest(s) aware of emergency evacuation arrangements.
  • You are responsible for your guest(s) at all times whilst they are on site, including their behaviour.
  • University staff have the right to refuse entry to any guest where they deem it reasonable to do so for the safety and security of the building and/or the wellbeing of others.
  • If for any reason your guest makes a disturbance, campus support staff or any member of staff has the authority to ask them to leave the premises immediately.
  • Anti-social behaviour or damage to property caused by your guest is your responsibility and could result in disciplinary action being taken against you.

This Policy supplements the terms of occupancy – Please see Section 1 of the Terms of Occupancy for further information.

Emergency procedure

Providing a safe environment for our students, staff and wider community is a primary concern of the University. In order to achieve our goal of ensuring you are protected and properly supported should an emergency occur, we need you to take responsibility for familiarising yourself with our emergency procedure.

An emergency on campus is any accidental or deliberate incident that could threaten the safety of the University’s community, property or environment.

In the event of an emergency you should immediately contact Campus Support by calling 01695 584227 (or dialling 2222 from an internal phone).
You should call Campus Support in the event that any of the following occurs:

  • Urgent first aid is required
  • There is a fire
  • An accident has occurred
  • A crime is taking place

You can find out more about what to do in an emergency on our Critical Incident Support webpages.

Can I apply to stay in halls?

If you are going into your 2nd or 3rd year and you are interested in living in halls, you will be able to apply to live on campus as a Senior Student. Applications will advertised before the Christmas holidays each year.

Please note that we are unable to guarantee rooms to all applicants, as priority for rooms in halls are given to new students and a students with medical requirements (authorised following the submission of appropriate evidence)

Any current students are advised to explore options in the private sector – for more information on how to access vacancies, please visit our Living Off Campus page.

For regular updates on senior student applications, you can like Student Services on Facebook or you can follow us on Twitter .

Fire Safety

The Accommodation Team works closely with Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service to ensure that information and advice provided to students is accurate and in line with current legislation. As part of their induction at the start of term every residential student must attend a fire safety talk, which is delivered by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service.

It is important that you know about the dangers of fire, what you can do to guard against the risk of fire and how you can ensure that you stay safe in halls. The pictures here demonstrate the devastating effect that a fire can have once it takes hold.

Kitchen Fire 4 Kitchen Fire 2 Kitchen Fire 5

Please also read government advice about how you can protect yourself and your belongings from fire.

For more advice and guidance about fire safety, read this Fire Safety Guide or visit

Student Accommodation Code

Edge Hill University has signed up to the Student Accommodation Code which protects your rights to a safe and good quality place to live. It includes your rights to the following key areas:

  • A healthy, safe environment
  • Timely repairs and maintenance
  • A clean, pleasant living environment
  • A formal, contractual relationship with your landlord (the University, in this case)
  • Access to health and wellbeing services
  • A living environment free from anti-social behaviour
  • A complaints process

For more information on the Student Accommodation Code, visit

Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes No Thanks for your feedback! Please tell us more: