If you’re a full-time undergraduate and you haven’t already applied for student finance – don’t forget to apply as soon as possible.
It can take up to six weeks for Student Finance England to process your application – and if your application is late, there may be a delay in receiving your money.
It’s quick and easy to apply online and it takes less than half an hour!
What can I apply for?
What you are eligible for depends on when your course started. Find out more on the webpage here.
What if my circumstances/household income have changed?
If you think that your household income has changed then get in touch with your student finance provider to let them know.
You must also report any changes to your living arrangements – including if you’re no longer studying abroad.
What additional support is available?
- If you are a student with children or dependant adults, you can apply for Childcare Grant, Parents’ Learning Allowance or Adult Dependants’ Grant (full-time students only)
- If you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty, you can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance, disability related benefits (if eligible)
- If you are a medical, social work or teacher training student you can also apply for NHS bursaries (certain medical and healthcare courses), help with costs of travel to UK clinical placements (medical and healthcare courses), social work bursaries (social work students) and extra help for teacher training students
- If you are studying/on placement abroad, you may be eligible to receive a grant to cover some travel expenses if you normally live in England
- Some students are eligible for Universal Credit while studying at university. You can find out more about eligibility here and further information on how student loans are treated can be found here
What if I’m an EU student?
Further information for EU full-time undergraduates is available here.
Support from our Money Advice team
Even though you may not be on campus right now, we are still here to keep you up to date with the latest student funding information. We offer help and guidance on money-related matters including planning your finances, money saving advice and the Edgehill Student Support Fund.
We’re offering virtual or telephone sessions between Monday and Friday throughout the summer. Find out more and book an appointment on our website.