Term might have ended but our Careers team are still here to support you. If you’re looking for part-time work over the summer, need some help sprucing up your CV, or are looking for a graduate job – the team can help.
Graduating this summer?
We can help you on your journey into your first graduate job:
- To help you get started with finding graduate vacancies, we’ve put together a list of useful websites
- Book on to one of our subject specific “Live Demos – How to search online for a job in…” on our workshop and events page.
- Book a Careers Advice virtual appointment. During this 30 minute discussion we’ll work with you on establishing your career options and finding a graduate job. Visit our page to book a place
- Visit our Help by Subject Page to discover where your degree subject can take you. Over 86% of graduate recruiters don’t ask for a specific degree subject – which means you have more options than you may have first thought!
- We offer a range of online sessions including CV workshops and Graduate Masterclasses. For the full list and to book your place visit the Careers workshop and events page.
- Graduate recruiters understand the challenges that COVID-19 has presented, but they may also want to know exactly how you have been using lockdown to enhance your employability so it’s best to be prepared. You’ve probably developed coping strategies and new digital skills and recruiters will view these attributes as fundamentally important when they are shortlisting for roles.
- If you have any gaps on your CV, it’s not too late to apply for a graduate internship or a virtual internship to prepare you for a graduate role
- Check out the LinkedIn Learning resources
- Practise online tests to give you the edge in the shortlisting process
- Use our dedicated resources to brush up on your interview techniques
Please note that you must use the careers website portal to access both of these systems so remember to update your careers registration once you have graduated
- Do you have a CV, supporting statement in an application form or a draft personal statement for a postgraduate course that needs checking? Just send it to us on the Ask a Question service and we’ll provide feedback within five working days.
Looking for part-time work?
- If you’re looking for a part-time job locally, check out the latest opportunities
- If you want to develop new skills, have some fun and add that extra sparkle to your CV, check our dedicated webpage which features all the information you need to get you started, including how you can volunteer from home in these unusual times
- Maybe you are looking to gain real-life work experience in your chosen career area, in which case a summer placement or internship is for you. During the pandemic, some companies have been recruiting students for virtual internships, so you can still develop valuable skills to boost your CV remotely. Take a look at our placements, internships and insight days page
- If you’re working on a CV or application form and you need it checking or simply need to ask our advice, just let us know using our Ask a Question service. We’ll get back to you within five working days
- If you want to discuss your career plans, or if you don’t have any but want to get started, now is a great time to have a virtual one to one appointment with one of our expert careers advisers. Book a slot now at our book an appointment page
- Sign up to our online webinars exploring interview techniques, looking for jobs, creating a LinkedIn profile and much more. Visit our page to access the full list and to book your place.
What are you waiting for?