*Please note that due to COVID-19 safety measures, our Subject Taster activities will be held on our virtual platform until further notice.*We hope to be able to invite you back onto campus to take part in our interactive Subject Taster Days as soon as we are able and it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we have developed the following menu of digital resources for Year 12/ First year of college or Pre-Access students who are interested in studying at university.
Our Subject Taster Sessions will give students the opportunity to:
- Access introduction and taster lectures in their chosen subject.
- Find out how school and university subjects relate to different career paths.
- Receive general Higher Education information.
- Find out about the facilities, accommodation and campus Edge Hill University has to offer
- Ask any questions they may have and learn about student life from current students and experienced staff via our online chat facility.
The clear link with careers means our Taster Sessions can make a useful contribution to a school or college’s Gatsby Benchmarks. These resources provide opportunities for deeper engagement with the subject, enhancing A Level or BTEC study and enabling students to make an informed choice about Higher Education.
We have taster sessions and digital resources available for the following subjects. To request access to these resources, please click here or on any of the subjects below.
- Business and Management, Marketing and Accountancy
- Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre
- English, History and Creative Writing
- Education and Teaching
- Geography and Geology
- Health – Applied Health and Social Care
- Health – Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions
- Media, Film and TV
- Music Production
- Law, Criminology, Policing and Politics
- Social Sciences
- Sport and Physical Activity
Hear what Students had to say about our taster days;
“Edge Hill has friendly staff, and I learnt new Business Skills” -Student on Business Taster Day
“I have learned how university life will be and more information if I become a nursing student” – Student on Health and Social Care Taster Day
“There are many degrees related to Geography that I can study that I didn’t even know about!” – Student on GeoSciences Taster Day
“This opened a better opportunity for me”
Hear what Teachers had to say about our taster days;
“The students enjoyed the day, they got an insight into the university, they really like the student ambassador, as she was really helpful and informative about the campus and everything course related” – Hugh Baird College
“The students enjoyed the day, they got an insight into the university, they really like the student ambassador, Kathryn, as she was really helpful and informative about the campus and everything course related” – Runshaw College
“Very well organised, interesting lectures and great insight into studying at Edge Hill for the students” – Burnley College