Lecturer in Sports Therapy
- Wilson Centre
- +44(0) 1695 584132
- Google Scholar profile
- ORCID: 0000-0003-4086-8579
Research Group and Institute
- Sport Injury
Kristian is a Lecturer in Sports Therapy in the Department of Sport and Physical Activity where he lectures on a variety of modules on the Sports Therapy degree programme. Kristian is also part of the ethics committee for departmental staff research.
He joined Edge Hill in 2015 having completed an MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology at Liverpool John Moores University. Previously, Kristian has worked with numerous professional sports teams and individuals as well as continuously working with academic institutions including the University of Central Lancashire and the University of Worcester.
Kristian’s research is focused on the development of knowledge for practitioners around the female athlete, having previously worked alongside multiple female athletes and previously being Head of Sports Therapy and Medicine at Everton Ladies Football Club. Some of Kristian’s research has been presented at the International Olympic Committee Conference and he continues to research in this area with a focus on Ultrasound Imaging.
Kristian is an External Examiner at York St John University (2018-) for the following programmes:
- BSc Sports Science and Injury Rehabilitation
- BSc Strength and Conditioning
- BSc Sport and Exercise Therapy
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science
Kristian also has strong links with The Society of Sports Therapists, as a Graduate of the Sports Therapy degree programme and previous winner of the Windsor Canadian Scholarship in 2009.
Furthermore, Kristian has been a reviewer for the Journal of Athletic Training.
- WEAVER, K., RELPH, N. 2017. An Assessment of Clinical Joint and Limb Measures in Professional Female Soccer Players: Screening Tools for Injury Prevention? British Journal of Sports Medicine. 51 (4), p.406-407. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2016-097372.311