Senior Lecturer in Biomechanics
- Wilson Centre
- +44(0) 1695 584800
- ORCID: 0000-0003-2306-8203
- Google Scholar profile
Research Group and Institute
- Sports Injuries Research Group
- Sports Performance, Exercise & Nutrition Research Group
Pascual Marqués was awarded his MPhil in biomechanics from Brunel University (1998) and his PhD in biomechanics from Liverpool John Moores University (2005). Pascual taught biomechanics at the Universities of Exeter, Brunel and South Bank, and joined Edge Hill University in 1998. He is a qualified mountain leader endorsed by the Mountain Leader Training Board of the UK.
Pascual’s research focuses on the mathematical modelling and simulation of biomechanical engineering for enquiry into musculo-skeletal loads and injury, using Qualisys, inverse and forward dynamics, linear algebra, computer aided design (CAD), MATLAB, and OpenSim. Research interests also encompass modelling and optimization of aerodynamic stability in ski jumping and wing design for sports cars.
Collaborative Research with Uni of Salford, Project: Mathematical modelling & simulation of biomechanical engineering for enquiry into musculo-skeletal loads of injury (2018-).
Member of the Editorial Board for various biomechanics, sports medicine and aerospace engineering journals:
- Journal of sports medicine and physical fitness (2005 -).
- Journal of Science & Medicine in Sport (2005 -).
- International Journal of Aerospace Science (2008 -).
- International Journal of Aeronautical engineering research & development (2008 -).
- International journal of mechanical engineering (2010 -).
- Proceedings of the institution of mechanical engineers, Part G, journal of Aerospace Engineering (2010 -).
- Journal of engineering applications of computational fluid mechanics (2010 -).
Membership of professional bodies:
- International society of biomechanics in sports (ISBS) (2000 -).
- European college of Sports Science (ECSS) (2000 -).
- Mountain Leader Training Board of the UK (MLTB) (2005 -).
- Chauhan, Eric, Bridge, Craig, Hammond, Benjamin and Marques-Bruna, Pascual (2016) Surface Electromyography analysis of the free, Smith Machine and split squats performed by strength-trained males. Journal of Fitness Research, 5 (3). pp. 68-79. ISSN 2201-5655
- Marqués-Bruna, Pascual, Rhodes, David and Hartley-Woodrow, Lisa (2014) Static loads on the knee and ankle for two modalities of the isometric Smith squat. Journal of Fitness Research, 3 (2). pp. 42-52. ISSN 2201-5655
- Marqués-Bruna, Pascual (2013) Design of the Grand Touring sports car wing: Geometric and aerodynamic twist. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology, 227 (1). pp. 70-80. ISSN 1754-3371. https://doi.org/10.1177/1754337111429532
- Marques, P. (2011) Engineering the race car wing: application of the vortex panel numerical method. Sports Engineering. ISSN 1369-7072. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12283-011-0064-5
- Marques, P. and Grimshaw, P. (2009) Mechanics of flight in ski jumping: Aerodynamic stability in pitch. Sports Technology, 2 (1-2). pp. 24-31. ISSN 1934-6182. https://doi.org/10.1002/jst.84
- Marques, P. and Grimshaw, P. (2009) Mechanics of flight in ski jumping: aerodynamic stability in roll and yaw. Sports Technology, 2 (3-4). pp. 111-120. ISSN 1934-6182. https://doi.org/10.1002/jst.97