Department Research Strands
Research within the department is conducted within multi-disciplinary groups, which align to the four distinct, yet related strands of policy, performance, practice, and health and wellbeing.
These research groups relate to one or more of the strands and encompass the following areas and sub-themes:
- Sport and Exercise Sciences (Group correspondent: Professor Lars McNaughton – Lars.Mcnaughton@edgehill.ac.uk)
- Sports Nutrition and Performance
- Skill Expertise and Cognition
- Environmental Science
- Sports Injuries (Group correspondent: Dr Matt Greig – email@example.com)
- Injury Aetiology
- Injury Prevention Strategies
- Physical Activity and Health (Group correspondent: Professor Stuart Fairclough – Stuart.Fairclough@edgehill.ac.uk)
- Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Measurement
- Psycho-social Correlates of Physical Activity
- Physical activity promotion and interventions
- Social Science of Sport and Physical Activity (Group correspondent: Professor Andy Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mental Health, Child Maltreatment and Safeguarding in Sport
- The Cultures of Sports Work
- Emotion and Embodied Experience in Sport and Physical Activity
- Pedagogical Practice and Professional Development in Physical Education and Sports Coaching.
The size of these groups varies and can be fluid as colleagues collaborate internally and the direction of the research work shifts between the four research strands.