Lucy Ricciardi
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (Applied Sports Science)

Business Advice

During her studies, Lucy Ricciardi noticed a lack of physiological testing facilities for athletes in her birthplace of the Isle of Man. She seized the opportunity and set up her own unique business providing tests and advice, saving athletes a trip to the UK.

While at Edge Hill, Lucy built up her analytical skills through voluntary work in the University’s laboratories, working alongside an accredited Sports Scientist. After graduation, Lucy set up High Performance Analysis Ltd, which provides high quality sports testing, including maximal oxygen uptake and lactate profiling for athletes. As well as testing people who simply want to know their current fitness level and how they can improve, Lucy now monitors some of the Isle of Man Sport Aid athletes who are currently racing and competing at national and international level.

“I didn’t know how far out my heart rate zones were until I completed the test with Lucy. I was actually overtraining. By adjusting my zones, I now feel more comfortable while running.”

Jon McGowan Triathlete, Isle of Man