- Following the closing date for entries, a longlist of collections will be announced, followed by a shortlist.
- The shortlist of up to six collections will be announced by 30th June 2018
- Shortlisted authors will be invited to participate in a special event in London where the first prize of £10,000 plus the £1,000 Reader’s Choice prize will be awarded
- The judges’ decision is final.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Edge Hill University will be entitled to change the panel of judges and/or arrangements for the prize-giving.
Professor Ailsa Cox – The world’s first and only Professor of Short Fiction and expert of Nobel Prize winning short story writer, Alice Munroe
Paul McVeigh – Co-Founder of London Short Story Festival and Associate Director of The Word Factory
Daisy Johnson – Winner of the 2017 Prize for Short Story
Alice O’Keffe – Critic for The Guardian, The Observer, The New Statesman, and Literary Programmer for the Brighton Festival.