We are offering a dedicated no symptoms testing centre at the Venue in the Students’ Union building on our Ormskirk campus. If you are on campus, in order to reduce the spread of the virus, you should be tested at least twice a week – there is no limit on how many tests you can book.
How do I book my tests on campus?
- You can only use the no symptoms screening test centre if you have no symptoms of Covid-19
- Tests are by appointment only – you need to book online using this link below
- You will normally receive your test results within an hour, but at certain times, it may take longer (up to 24 hours)
Please note: The no symptoms test centre located in the Students’ Union is only available to Edge Hill students and staff. It is not open to the general public.
If you need additional support to attend your appointment, please email details to email@example.com and include ‘Urgent – additional support for test required’. You should do this at least 24 hours before your test, so we have enough time to arrange the support for you.
If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, you don’t need to tell us this in advance of your test. On arrival at the test centre let the staff know this is the case or wear your Think Pink lanyard.
(this facility is also open to staff of the University)
How does the test centre work?
- When you book online, you will be given an allocated time for your test. Please arrive at this time
- Please bring your mobile phone with you as you will need it to register your details
- On arrival, and when you enter the testing venue, you will need to scan a QR code which will link you to the national NHS system and register your details so that you can receive your test results
- Once inside please follow the direction of the test centre staff who will provide you with a test kit and direct you to a testing bay. Once in the bay, take your time to fully read the instructions and use the swab, rubbing it firstly on your tonsils and then inside your nostril.
- Once complete, you will need to give the swab stick to the test centre staff so it may be analysed. Test centre staff will be on hand to provide instruction and support you through the process.
You will normally receive your test results within an hour but at certain times, it may take longer (up to 24 hours). In the unlikely event that you haven’t received your test result within 24 hours, please contact NHS Test and Trace on 119.
If you need further information, please visit our dedicated webpage https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/studentservices/return-testing