Please note, Excellence Scholarships may be subject to change for 2018.
If you have applied through UCAS to study at Edge Hill University and firmly accepted an offer of a place for 2018 entry, you could make a difference to your student life and finances by applying for an Excellence Scholarship worth up to £2,000.
Excellence Scholarships have nothing to do with your financial situation, degree subject or academic achievement. If you are proud of something you have done and can demonstrate determination, commitment and achievement outside of your studies at school or college, then we want to hear from you.
You may excel in disciplines similar to the following examples or be able to demonstrate excellence in an alternative area of expertise.
- Creative Arts – Are you a budding designer, painter, filmmaker or sculptor? Are you a promising writer of short stories, poetry or scripts?
- ICT and Enterprise – Do you run your own business? Have you designed a website or blog? Do you have advanced ICT skills?
- Performing Arts – Do you shine in dance or drama? Do you have musical talents, such as composing, singing, playing an instrument or being part of a band?
- Volunteering and Citizenship – Are you a keen volunteer who gives up your time to help others or fundraise on a regular basis? Do you raise awareness of issues locally or nationally?
The above examples are potential areas of excellence based on previous applications but this is not intended to be a comprehensive list. If your expertise or achievement is not covered by our suggestions, don’t be put off! We encourage you to put forward an application for consideration.
Please note, if you can demonstrate dedication, talent and achievement in sports performance, coaching or officiating, you should apply for a Sports Scholarship.
- If you have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate degree: £2,000, typically paid in four instalments of £500 (two payments in Year 1, one in Year 2, and one in Year 3 of your degree). Payments in Years 2 and 3 are subject to you passing an annual review;
- If you have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time foundation degree: £1,500, typically paid in three instalments of £500 (two payments in Year 1, one in Year 2). Payment in Year 2 is subject to you passing an annual review;
- If you have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time PGCE: £1,000, typically paid in two instalments of £500;
- Excellence Scholarship winners will also receive a discount card for Edge Hill Sport.
To be eligible to apply for an Excellence Scholarship, you must have applied to study a full-time undergraduate degree, full-time foundation degree or full-time PGCE at Edge Hill University and have firmly accepted an offer of a place to study with us.
If you are awarded an Excellence Scholarship but subsequently defer your offer of a place to study with us, you will no longer be eligible to receive the Excellence Scholarship, though you are welcome to re-apply for an Excellence Scholarship in the following application cycle before you join your course. Please bear in mind, however, that there is a competitive application process so a successful outcome to your second application cannot be guaranteed.
Direct entrants to Years 2 or 3 of an undergraduate degree, as well as permanent employees of Edge Hill University, are not eligible for an Excellence Scholarship.
A successful application for an Excellence Scholarship will make you ineligible to receive a Sports Scholarship.
How to Apply
To be considered for an Excellence Scholarship, there is a competitive application process.
The Excellence Scholarship application form will be available to download from this page when applications open in 2018.
A selection panel will judge all applications received.
If you are awarded an Excellence Scholarship, you will be invited to the Scholarship Presentation Evening in late 2018 to celebrate your success.