Institute for Creative Enterprise and FACT film academy course.
Are you aged 16-19? Interested in working in the film industry? Do you live in the Northwest of England?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all three questions, then we have the perfect course for you.
The Institute for Creative Enterprise (Edge Hill University) has teamed up with FACT in Liverpool to bring you a BFI Film Academy course.
Under the guidance of our film experts, this hands-on course builds knowledge and skills, supporting talented and committed young people on a pathway into the industry.
This programme is ideal for those with a passion for film as you will develop an understanding of screenwriting, cinematography, sound, directing, production, and editing. The BFI Film Academy is the perfect opportunity to explore the possibilities of further education or a platform to taking the first steps into the creative industry and gain the BFI/Screen Skills NCFE ‘Preparing to Work in the Film Industry’ qualification.
Applications are now open for our November 2022 course. See more details and how to apply below.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be 16-19 years old on the first day of the course (14th November 2022)
- Applicants must live in the Northwest of England and be a UK resident
- Applicants must not currently be enrolled at university, or be at university when the course starts
- Applicants must not previously have taken part in a BFI Academy course
Film academy course dates
- Session one: Monday 14 November 2022
- Session two: Monday 21 November 2022
- Session three: Monday 28 November 2022
- Session four: Monday 5 December 2022
- Session five: Monday 12 December 2022
- Christmas break
- Session six: Monday 9 January 2023
- Session seven: Monday 16 January 2023
- Session eight: Monday 23 January 2023
- Session nine: Monday 30 January 2023
- Session 10: Monday 6 February 2023
ICE and FACT are dedicated to making film accessible to all. We welcome applications no matter your background or previous experience.
The course fee is £25, with bursaries available for those who require financial assistance to participate, including fees and/or travel costs.
Deadline for applications: Friday 28 October, 5pm
Get in touch
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact the ICE admin team: