What is the Student Opportunity Fund?
- The Student Opportunity Fund is an exciting initiative that enables you to apply for financial support to help take part in activities, which enhance your employability and develop your transferable skills.
Am I eligible to apply to the Student Opportunity Fund?
- Further information including eligibility for the Student Opportunity Fund can be found on https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/current-students/student-opportunity-fund/?tab=eligibility-criteria .
Is my opportunity something that the Student Opportunity Fund would consider?
- Our website offers guidance and examples of what would and what would not be considered https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/current-students/student-opportunity-fund/?tab=activities. It is highly recommended that you view this page prior to applying to ensure that it fully meets the criteria
- If you are still unsure, please email our Scholarships Officer an outline of the project, to Scholarships@edgehill.ac.uk.
How do I find a suitable opportunity?
- Students are required to source their own opportunity. Our Careers Centre are available to provide guidance and support on finding a suitable project. An appointment can be made via the University’s Careers Webpage.
How do I apply to the Fund?
- Application Forms can be downloaded from our website: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/current-students/student-opportunity-fund/?tab=how-to-apply. There is a checklist at the end of the application, please ensure that you have submitted all required documents otherwise this could delay any decision the Panel make.
- The Careers Centre run sessions and can provide guidance with strengthening your application. You are encouraged to take up this support.
My opportunity is quickly approaching what should I do?
- The Panel meets on a monthly basis. Panel dates can be found on the website and we ask for completed applications to be submitted at least 10 working days in advance. If this is not possible, please email Scholarships@edgehill.ac.uk who can then advise of the steps to be taken.
The Panel will not award applications that have been submitted retrospectively.
How long after the Panel, will I know the outcome?
- Once the Panel have made a decision, we will let you know of the outcome within 3 days. In some circumstances, the Panel may ask for more information before making a final decision.
My application has been successful, what happens next?
- You will be required to sign Terms and Conditions and complete additional paperwork before any payment is administered. Payment will be made via BACS and can take up to 5 working days upon receipt of our Finance Department receiving your paperwork.
The cost of my opportunity has increased since my application was approved, will you fund the difference?
- The amount awarded by the Panel is a contribution towards your opportunity and the amount is final. There will be no further funds awarded.