Results and publishing dates

Key points to note:

  • You can access your results via the Results service on the Student Homepage
  • If you are continuing your study, your results are available online only
  • If you have completed your study, your results will also be posted to you

Results publication schedule

As programmes complete at different times during the year, publication dates vary.  You can access a full results publication schedule for 2020/21 here.

It’s easy to access your results online: Results

Please note:  We only publish confirmed results. We will notify you directly if your results will be available earlier or later than detailed in the schedule.

Accessing your results

Your end of year results are available via the Student Homepage:

  • Select ‘All Services’
  • Go to ‘Results’

We publish results on specific dates and times depending on the release of confirmed results for each programme.  Results are confirmed at an end of year Assessment Board and cannot be released until this process is completed.

As programmes complete at different times during the year, publication dates vary.  You can access a full schedule for release dates in the ‘Results Publication Schedule’ below.

If you are continuing your study, your results are available online only.

If you are graduating or leaving the University, you will also receive your results via post, in a formal Academic Transcript.

Your Academic Transcript contains coded information. Please read the Module Coded Recommendations for full details of the coded recommendations and supplementary information.

Please note: we may withhold your results, certificates and formal transcripts if you are in debt to the University.

Guidance on Award Classification Regulations

When you have completed your studies, your final award and classification will be confirmed by an end of programme Award Board. The full academic regulations detail how each type of award will be classified, a simple breakdown of the classification regulations can be accessed below. These documents relate to students who enrolled on their programme from September 2016 onwards.

120 credit conversion degree

360 credit honours degree

480 credit honours degree sandwich year

Diploma of HE and Foundation Degree

Integrated Masters

Masters with graded assessment

Masters with marked assessment

For advice on classifications for students who enrolled on their programme prior to September 2016,  please contact a member of the Assessment & Awards Team at

Guidance on Progression Regulations

When you have completed each year of study, your results will be considered by and of year/level Progression Board. The full academic regulations detail the progression regulations for undergraduate programmes, a simple breakdown of the progression regulations can be accessed below.

360 credit honours degree Progression Rules

480 credit honours degree sandwich year Progression Rules

Diploma HE and Foundation Degree Progression Rules

Integrated Masters Progression Rules

For advice on other programmes, or if you have any queries about your progression, please contact a member of the Assessment & Awards Team at

Academic Transcripts and Certificates

Initial Issuing of Certification

When you graduate or leave your registered programme of study, you receive an official Academic Transcript detailing your achievement. If you have completed your programme or have left the programme early with enough credits to be issued an exit award, you will also be issued a certificate.

If you are continuing with your programme your results are available online only; you will not receive a formal transcript. However, you can print a results page via the Student Homepage

  • Select ‘Academic Matters’
  • Go to ‘Results’

We post your Certification to your home address, as recorded on enrolment.  It is your responsibility to make sure Academic Registry has your correct address.  If your Certification is sent to the wrong address because you did not update your records, you will be charged a fee for a duplicate.

It’s easy to keep your contact details up to date:

    • Go to the Student Homepage
    • Select ‘Student Central’
    • Go to ‘Student Record’ and update your contact details

Certification is your formal recognition of your study/award and you should take every care to preserve this documentation.

Requests for Replacement or Duplicate Certification

Should you damage, misplace or have your Certification stolen, you can apply for a replacement or duplicate. A fee applies for each document requested and the new Certification can be ordered via the University store.

It is important you are aware of the following information before requesting a duplicate certificate;

  • If the request is to replace a damaged certificate, the original certificate must be returned with the application form.
  • The full circumstances surrounding the request must be outlined in the application. The Academic Registrar reserves the right to refuse the request.
  • A fee of £25 will be applied to all requests. This fee must be paid, in full, prior to the dispatch of the certificate.
  • Verifiable photographic evidence, such as a passport or driving licence, must be provided with your application.

For further details before ordering your replacement Certification please read the following Frequently Asked Questions.

Change of Name

The name on your certificate will be the name you are formally registered with at the University, including any middle names. Should your name change during the course of your studies it is your responsibility to inform the Academic Registry’s Data Management Team and to provide the relevant documentation to confirm the change. Name changes must be reported to the University as soon as possible and by no later than the end of teaching for your final term.

Academic Registry produce all certificates in the name presented to the Award Board and will not retrospectively amend names following confirmation of an award unless in exceptional circumstances (see Appendix 20 – Certification of Awards for details).

Therefore, it is vital that you ensure the name on your student record is accurate at the time your award is confirmed. See the Name Change Procedure document for the steps to take to change your name with the University.

Please note: your certificate may be withheld if you have tuition fee debt.

Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes No Thanks for your feedback! Please tell us more: