If you are a full time student considering a repeat year application, you should first seek advice from either your personal tutor, programme leader or head of department. After discussing your position, you can submit a formal application with the appropriate supporting evidence.
The repeat year scheme is evidence-based and sits alongside the institutional procedure for exceptional mitigating circumstances (EMC). If there is no independent evidence available, we may also consider support from the relevant subject area.
Please note, repeating a year is not an automatic right and your application must be approved by your faculty. Appendix 10 of the Academic Regulations details the full repeat year policy. This information is also available in booklet format.
To request a repeat year, you should complete a Repeat form and submit by the deadlines stipulated by your faculty.
To request a repeat year, you should complete a Repeat & Transfer form and submit by the deadlines stipulated by your faculty.
Faculty of Arts and Sciences repeat year deadlines:
- Monday 18th May 2020 at 5:00pm
- Friday 21st August 2020 at 5:00pm
- Friday 18th September 2020 at 5:00pm
Faculty of Education repeat year deadlines:
- Monday 4 November 2019 at 5:00pm
- Monday 9 December 2019 at 5:00pm
- Monday 20 January 2020 at 5:00pm
- Monday 9 March 2020 at 5:00pm
- Monday 18 May 2020 at 5:00pm
- Monday 8 June 2020 at 5:00pm
- Monday 24 August 2020 at 5:00pm
Faculty of Health and Social Care repeat year deadlines:
Please contact the HealthProgs Team in Academic Registry Healthprogs@edgehill.ac.uk
Please note: the deadline for all Repeat applications is 5pm