You can use the change of module request form to:
- change a module
- add a module
- remove a module
We recommend that you balance the number of credits you study over the two semesters, an imbalance could result in a heavier workload in one semester.
Given the current situation, if there is no capacity to join the face-to-face group, students will automatically be allocated to the group joining virtual sessions.
It is important that the modules on your student record are up to date and accurate so that you:
- can access the relevant teaching materials, including those on Blackboard
- are registered for the correct assessments or examinations, and receive the correct results
Semester one: 22 October 2021
Semesters one/two: 22 October 2021 (for year-long modules)
Semester two: 11 February 2022
Once submitted, your request will be considered by your academic department – you should have a response within five working days.
Part-time students – Changing your module may also alter your tuition fees – contact the fees team for advice.
Professional development students – do not complete this form if you are registered on a professional development programme in the Faculty of Education or the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine. Instead, email your request to Academic Records.
International students – if you are undertaking a placement, please email for advice before submitting this form.
Need help? Contact the relevant Academic Records team via email:
Academic / department staff:
Please note, if you are completing this form on behalf of the student, you must contact your administrative team to ensure that this change aligns with any restrictions on class numbers in place due to social distancing measures.
All students requesting a change of module must read and agree to the declaration below.
I understand that:
- my request is subject to approval by my department
- changing modules does not constitute grounds for an extension or an exceptional mitigating circumstances application
- as a part time student, by changing module(s) this may alter my tuition fees
I accept that it is my responsibility to:
- ensure that I am registered for the correct modules, and that they comply with information provided in the Programme Handbook (available from Blackboard), for the overall scheme (major/minor/joint)
- catch up on academic work that has already taken place, if necessary to undertake additional work if advised by my tutors
- make it known to my tutor or head of department if I have special requirements due to disability or impairment
- attend online sessions if there is no face-to-face capacity
Disclosing a disability is a personal decision and we understand that you may want to keep it confidential. Even if you have not already disclosed your disability, we encourage you to do so. We can offer support and/or reasonable adjustments to help you participate fully in the module changes process and can reassure you of confidentiality throughout. Download a word version of this online form here.