Student Finance Help
Top Tips for Completing Your Student Finance Application
- No need to wait for an offer from a university – apply for funding as early as possible. You will be able to apply online as soon as Student Finance make applications available. Complete your application using your preferred university and course. You can always change these at a later date.
- Ensure that your application form relates to the correct academic year – it is also important that you choose the correct mode of study: full or part time.
- Your name must match exactly with your UCAS application. Using an abbreviated name on one and your full name on another could delay your first maintenance loan payment.
- Select the correct course and level – have your UCAS course code to hand. If you are studying a Nursing course there are several start dates, be sure to select carefully.
- Respond to any request for supporting documentation quickly – if possible please send your documents to Student Finance by recorded delivery and track the delivery.
- Don’t forget to send off your signed declaration – once your application is approved you will receive an entitlement letter (confirming your maintenance loan), together with a declaration form. You can also print a copy of the declaration via your online account once you have submitted your application. We recommend that you send your declaration form by recorded delivery.
- Enrol on the scheduled day or as soon as possible afterwards – the first instalment of your maintenance loan payment will only be made directly into your bank account on the first day of term or 3-5 days after you have registered, whichever is the later.
Delays in making your application, accidentally applying in the wrong academic year, selecting the wrong course and/or not returning your declaration will mean you won’t receive your funding when you start. It is recommended that you submit your application before the Student Finance deadline date.
For more information contact theTuition Fees, Bursaries and Scholarships Team
TutionFees@edgehill.ac.uk or ring 01695 657359