Before you start the enrolment process, you will need:
- a digital copy of your ID (either a photo or scanned copy). Read our guidance page for information on what types of ID are suitable
- a suitable head and shoulders profile picture of yourself. This will be used on your student record and printed on your Unicard
Once you have these, and you have received your enrolment invite email, you can complete the enrolment process. The email will contain a link to our enrolment portal, along with your username and temporary password. Simply log in and follow the onscreen instructions.
During the enrolment process, you will be prompted to upload the above documents. Please make sure they are no larger than 2mb, as the system will not accept them. If you need help resizing your images, please read the guidance in our FAQs, or email email@example.com.
Once you have clicked through all the screens in the enrolment portal, uploaded your images and submitted your enrolment, we will then check that your ID and profile picture are suitable. If they are, we will authorise them and you will become fully enrolled.
Although this will mean you will have completed your online enrolment, if you have any outstanding conditions required by your course it could cause a delay to you getting your student loan money.
Make sure you have:
- Had your qualifications and references verified
- Cleared any medical and DBS checks (if necessary)
- Either paid your tuition fees in full; or made arrangements to pay by agreed instalments; or supplied written evidence of payment from a third party
- Completed any other administrative procedures required by your course
If you are a new student and have a non-academic pre-entry requirement outstanding, you may be allowed to part-enrol onto your course.
Contact the Enrolment team for further information.