Enrolment identification requirements

Enrolment identification

It is essential that you provide us with suitable Identification Documents as part of your enrolment. Click the relevant box below to find out what we need:

Continuing students

If you are a continuing student, you will enrol online and should have already uploaded your ID.

New students

You must upload a valid form of identification to register for an Edge Hill University module or programme of study.

Accepted forms of identification are listed here: Enrolment Identification Requirements

Please note:

  • If you have non-EEA nationality, you will enrol in person and we will take a copy of your original passport and visa; Identity Card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN); or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) where appropriate
  • You must provide original documents. We cannot accept copies.

UK Law requires the University to check, verify and retain copies of your documentation as part of its immigration sponsorship duties.  We check your documentation to ensure you have the right to study in the UK and, specifically, with Edge Hill University.

The University monitors all time limits on student visas.

Tier 4 students

If you are starting a course which lasts six months or longer, you must collect your BRP from an approved UK Post Office before you enrol.  We no longer accept temporary vignette visas for enrolment purposes.

At enrolment, you must provide evidence of your current visa status.

Where your visa is due to expire within three months of your course starting, you must confirm your intention to extend your current immigration privileges/status within the UK.

Please provide evidence of your ongoing application to UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI) one month before your visa expires.

If you are progressing onto a higher level course at Edge Hill you can enrol using your current visa. Please note, you must have submitted a visa extension application before your current visa expires.

If you are switching your sponsor to Edge Hill University your application must be with the UK Home Office for approval prior to enrolment. You must submit your application before you enrol.

Even if you have already provided these documents during your application process you must still provide the required proof of identity/status at enrolment.

These policies are strictly adhered to and you will not be able to enrol if you do not provide the appropriate identification.

Please remember – you can only enrol in your legal name as stated on your identification.

Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes No Thanks for your feedback! Please tell us more: