It is essential that you provide us with suitable identification documents (ID) as part of your enrolment. During the enrolment process, there will be step when you will be asked to upload your ID. Preferably, this will be a copy of your passport, but if you don’t have a one please see the table below for suitable alternatives. We will then check and verify what you have uploaded.
- Upload the correct form of identification according to your nationality, as indicated in the table below (preferably a passport)
- Upload an electronic copy (either a scanned image or a photo) of the original document in colour print either by JPEG, JPG, PDF or word doc
- Be able to read all the details – blurry images will not be accepted
- Ensure the whole document is visible and that all four edges of the document are evident in the image
- Ensure the size of the file is no bigger than 2MB.
The level of identification required will be determined by your nationality, as set out below:
|UK||One of the following:
UK & Northern Ireland Passport (preferred)
*and Original Marriage Certificate / Change of Name document if applicable (Signed, dated and witnessed)
|EEA or Switzerland||One of the following:
|Non-EEA||Passport and evidence of visa status|
+ The European Economic Area (EEA) consists of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, the Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
The University is required by law to check, verify and retain copies of your documentation as part of our immigration sponsorship duties. We regularly check this documentation to ensure our students have the right to study in the UK and, specifically, with Edge Hill University.
The University also monitors students with a time limit on their visa. At enrolment you must provide evidence of your current visa status.
This policy will be strictly adhered to and you will not be able to enrol if you do not provide the appropriate identification. Please note you can only enrol in your legal name as stated on your identification.
Examples of acceptable identification: