It is essential that you provide us with suitable identification documents (ID) as part of your enrolment. During the enrolment process, there will be a step when you will be asked to upload your ID. Preferably, this will be a copy of your passport, but if you don’t have one please see the table below for suitable alternatives. We will then check and verify what you have uploaded.
- Upload the correct form of identification according to your nationality, as indicated in the table below (preferably a passport)
- Upload an electronic copy (either a scanned image or a photo) of the original document in colour print either by JPEG, JPG, PDF or word doc
- Be able to read all the details – blurry images will not be accepted
- Ensure the whole document is visible and that all four edges of the document are evident in the image
- Ensure the size of the file is no bigger than 2MB.
The level of identification required will be determined by your nationality, as set out below:
|UK & Ireland||One of the following:
UK & Northern Ireland / Irish passport (preferred)
UK Photo Driving Licence (place of birth must be UK)
Original UK Birth Certificate
Original UK Adoption Certificate
(and original Marriage Certificate / Change of Name document if applicable – signed, dated and witnessed)
Students with visas
What should I do if I arrive via E-gates?
If you are a national of one of the above countries, you can use e-Gates but we recommend that you keep your boarding passes or travel itinerary in a safe place as you will need to provide evidence of the day you arrived in the UK.
The requirements above will be strictly adhered to and you will not be able to enrol if you do not provide the appropriate identification. Please note you can only enrol in your legal name as stated on your identification.
Examples of acceptable identification: