If you are studying on a teaching or health and social work programme, you may be eligible for a bursary.

Teaching bursaries

Applying for a teaching bursary from the Department for Education is straightforward and there is no formal application procedure.

You need a first, 2:1, 2:2, PhD or Master’s to be eligible for a teaching bursary or scholarship.

Make sure you are registered with the University before applying for a teaching bursary. You must meet all the conditions of entry for your programme to be registered.

Once registered, you need to provide your nominated bank account details and National Insurance number at enrolment. You will receive advice on the level of your bursary entitlement and scheduled payment dates, however you must accept the terms and conditions before you can receive your bursary.

You can find more details on the Get Into Teaching website.  Or contact the Edge Hill teaching bursaries team for more information.

Health and social work bursaries

To be eligible for an NHS social work bursary,  you need to meet the specific criteria outlined on the social work bursaries page of the NHSBSA website. This bursary is non-repayable and contributes to your living expenses during your period of study.

Other NHS bursaries are available for healthcare programmes leading to specific professions.  You must apply for an NHS bursary each academic year to cover tuition fees. Eligibility criteria  and more details are available on the NHS bursary page on the NHSBSA website

You can find more details on the student services pages of the NHSBSA website.  If you have any queries or need more information please contact the Edge Hill NHS bursaries team .