Bursaries FAQs

The below information relates to academic year 2019/20

How do I apply for a PCGE Bursary?

  • Information on Government teaching bursaries is available at https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/funding-and-salary/overview
  • You don’t need to apply for the bursary it is administered by the University and we will know prior to your arrival if you are eligible by reviewing your chosen programme of study and your entry qualification. If you have been awarded a Scholarship you will need to provide a copy of your confirmation.
  • You will receive confirmation of your bursary award during your first week and will be asked to provide the University with your bank details and National Insurance number to enable us to make payment.

How do I apply for a SKE Bursary?

  • Following your confirmation of study the University will make an application on your behalf to the Department of Education based upon your subject and the number of weeks of study.
  • If awarded, you will be asked to provide the University with your bank details and National Insurance number to enable us to make payment.

When will I receive my PGCE / SKE bursary?

  • Before any bursary payments can be made you must be fully registered on your programme.
  • Terms and Conditions will be sent to you via email. You will be asked to print, sign and return these following instructions in our email.
  • Your payment dates and bursary amount will be confirmed to you by schedule via email.
  • Bursaries are paid on the 16th of the month directly into your bank account (you must be in attendance on the 1st of the month to receive the bursary entitlement from the previous month). Any payment withheld due to delays in enrolling, providing bank details or Terms and Conditions will be included in the payment for the following month).PLEASE NOTE:
    PGCE bursaries commence in October and are paid in ten equal instalments.
    If for any reason your bursary entitlement ceases and you have been overpaid, the University will actively seek to recover these monies. You will be invoiced for the overpayment and the University will apply the credit control process, which can include debt recovery.

How do I apply for a Social Work Bursary?

    If you are a 2nd year BA (Hons) Social Work or a 1st year MA Social Work student you will be notified by the University if you have been nominated for a bursary.
  • Subject to you having made an application to the SWB Unit and your application being approved you can expect to receive your first payment 10 working days after you have enrolled. This will be paid directly into your bank account.
Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes No Thanks for your feedback! Please tell us more: