Lauren O’Prey
BSc (Hons) Psychology, 2017

Lauren O'Prey

After overcoming her own mental health issues while studying, Lauren achieved a First Class Honours degree and came second in the Dragons Den initiative presentation. She was also one of the few to be selected for the Department of Psychology’s research internship scheme.

Having the opportunity to be part of an internship programme at Edge Hill provided Lauren with a broadened skill set as it involved dealing with Structural Magnetic Resonance Images, paper and admin work and liaising with participants. This opportunity provided her with excellent research, computer and organisation skills and she describes it as “a fantastic opportunity as part of second year, to live a day in the life of an academic researcher in Psychology”.

Lauren is passionate about Clinical Psychology and she will be pursuing this next year at the University of Manchester, where she has been successful in attaining one of the 26 places on the MSc Clinical and Psychology course.

“I feel as though I am tremendously fortunate and forever grateful for all the staff and students at Edge Hill who have provided their time, advice and guidance. The ongoing encouragement total support has enabled me to study MSc Clinical and Health Psychology, so for that, I thank those personally involved in the most amazing experience of my life so far.”

Lauren O’Prey