- Inclusion Programme Leader, Edge Hill University 2010 – to date
- Senior Lecturer Undergraduate Professional Development, Edge Hill University 2009-2010
- Early Years/Key Stage 1 Class Teacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo), St James Catholic Primary School 2003-2009
- Reception Teacher, St Joan of Arc Catholic Primary School 2002-2003
Interests and Achievements
Lisa is a member of the NASENCo Provider Partnership Group and NASENCo Provider Partnership Working Group linked to the National Award for SEN Co-ordination.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2014)
Lisa has a number or research interests. Her Masters dissertation focus was ‘Does low self-esteem affect some children with learning difficulties?’. This is being further explored through adult perceptions of self-esteem in current Doctoral research. Special Educational Needs and Inclusion have continued to be particular areas of interest and research throughout her career, both in school and at university. Arising from her involvement with the National Award for SEN Co-ordination Lisa also has an interest in the role of the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) and their position within Senior Leadership structures in educational settings.
- Lisa is a member of the ERAS group at Edge Hill University.