Maria-Christina is a Senior Lecturer of Psychology in Sport and Physical Activity. She joined Edge Hill in September 2017 having worked at Kingston University, Nottingham Trent University, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance, University of the West of England as a Lecturer in Psychology.
Maria-Christina’s research focuses on the psychosocial determinants of physical activity and body image issues. She is particularly interested in the barriers and enablers of physical activity in healthy and unhealthy older adults. Some of her research has focused on the use of mental imagery for the promotion of physical activity.
- Exploring Imagery as a Technique for Promoting Physical Activity in Older Adults.
- Self-regulatory imagery and physical activity in older adults: A social-cognitive perspective
- Barriers and enablers of physical activity engagement for patients with COPD in primary care
- Investigating the Psychosocial Determinants of Physical Activity in Older Adults: A Qualitative Approach
- Relationship between sport type and body image of female athletes