Programme Leader Theatre Design
Sidsel is a senior lecturer in Scenography and Programme Leader for Theatre Design. She teaches set/costume design and scenography at undergraduate level and modules include:
- PAR1104 Introduction to Visual theatre
- DES 2102 Key Theatre Designers
- DES 2103 Scenography
- DES 2104 Costume for Performance
PAR 3103 Ensemble Production Project
DES 3102 The Independent Designer.
- DES 3103 Scenographic Costume
- PAR3104 Dissertation
Education and Training
Sidsel trained as a Theatre Designer at Wimbledon College of Art and completed her Master of Art at Central School of Speech and Drama. Her current PhD proposal concerns itself with the education of theatre designers in a post technological world.
MA (Distinction) Performance Studies, Central School of Speech and Drama, London,1998
BA (Hons) Theatre Design, Wimbledon School of Art (UAL), London, 1992
Research & Professional Practice
Sidsel‘s research interests focus on visual composition and the role so the designer within contemporary performance practices.
Sher is a founding member of Critical Costume, an International research network, established at Edge Hill in 2013, for the promotion and development of new costume scholarship and practice. Sidsel co-edited a double issue of Scene (Intellect) on ‘Critical Costume’ in November 2014 and she presented a large scale ‘Scenographic Costume’ at the second international Critical Costume conference in 2015, at Aalto University in Helsinki, Finland.
- External Examiner for BA (Hons) Theatre & Screen: Theatre Design – Wimbledon College of Art, UAL – 2012 – Ongoing
- External Examiner for BA (Hons) Theatre Design – Nottingham Trent University – 2013 – Ongoing
- Expert advisor for the appointment of Professor in Costume Design at Oslo National Academy of the Arts – April 2016
- Expert advisor for the appointment of Programme Leader in Scenography at Oslo National Academy of the Arts – April 2015
- External Panel Member for the allocation of PhD student ship in Costume, at Oslo National Academy of the Arts – April 2015
- External Panel Member for the validation for MA Scenography, Høgskolen i Østfold , Oslo, Norway – 2013,
- External Examiner/Consultation on BA (hons) Production (with pathways) Top-up, University of Cumbia. 2012