JV2-new

Thursday 28th April 7.30pm

JV2 2016, A Triple Bill

Directed and choreographed by Jasmin Vardimon, AΦE, and Vinicius Salles

With the mission to develop, encourage and cultivate young talent and young audiences, Jasmin Vardimon Company has formed JV2, delivering a Professional Development Certificate. This year’s JV2, is an ensemble of 16 young, talented international dancers, hand-picked by Artistic Director Jasmin Vardimon.

JV2’s company members include Daniel Brown. Dan is a 2014 EHU Dance and Drama graduate, and was also a member of the University’s highly successful EdgeFWD all male dance company.

Dan said: “Throughout my studies at university I had the pleasure to be part of the all male dance company Edge FWD. They further inspired and fed my hunger for dance to grow in a professional and innovative way.

“It was my first real experience as part of a dance company which allowed me and my fellow dancers to take part in a work environment that would prepare us for the world of performing arts. I had the chance to work with amazing choregraphers such as Gary Clarke, Joss Arnott and Lea Anderson.”

The JV2 2016 performance features Jasmin Vardimon’s work [in between] – first created for the National Youth Dance Company in 2013 and premiered at Salders Wells. Trapped in flux between the force of the group and the power of the individual, the work echoes relationships between humans and the natural environment

AΦE present a work that questions the notion of presence and the realms of studio to performance, and Vinicius Salles offers an inquiry of social judgments, acceptance of differences, and superficial assumptions of the ‘other’.

“…there is such robustness, rigor and athleticism on show amongst these outstanding young performers” DANCE TABS

Duration: 70 minutes (no interval)
Plus post-show Q & A session with the Company afterwards.

Recommended for age 14 years plus

Tickets £10 / £8 concessions / £5 Edge Hill University students and school parties of ten or more