Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility. All Terms and Conditions shown below are secondary to the rules and regulations of the University as defined in the Student Handbook.
About your payments:
- Your payment will normally reach your University account within one working day.
- Please ensure that you enter your details accurately – we cannot accept liability for payment not reaching the correct University account due to you entering incorrect details.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- All payments must be made in Pounds Sterling – you are responsible for any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred.
- In no event will the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction, this includes return of deposits or part thereof.
- Students who are in debt to the University at the time of graduation for academic related debt will be refused attendance at the graduation ceremony. Formal certification will be withheld until full payment has been received. This includes academic related debt for students who are undertaking Edge Hill award of credit at a partner institution of the University.
- Students with outstanding debt and no repayment arrangements in place will be referred to an external debt collection agency appointed by the University.
- The University reserves the right to commence court proceedings, where appropriate, to effect recovery of the debt.
Overpayments and refunds:
- Payments will be applied to the Student’s University account in accordance with the details submitted electronically.
- In the event that an overpayment is made in respect of any fee, the credit balance arising will be used to offset any debt or invoice on the Student’s account (whether arising from tuition, accommodation, or any other legitimate charge) in due date order. Exceptions will only be made following agreement with the Director of Finance.
- If there is no other debt or invoice, then the credit balance will be refunded in accordance with the University’s normal procedures.
- The payment of fees via this online facility does not on its own constitute an agreement between you and the University. A contract will only come into being when separate conditions for the provision of a service have been fulfilled, for example the completion of an enrolment form or residential licence agreement.
- By enrolling on a course at Edge Hill, you accept a contractual liability to pay all associated tuition fees for that academic year.
- If your payment fails via the University’s recurring card payment system, it is your responsibility to rectify this immediately with the Income Team on 01695 657252.
- Non-payment of an invoice will result in you becoming a debtor to the University and will result in us initiating credit control procedures which could lead to a review of registration and possible referral of debt for external collection.
If you would like to pay your fees with this facility, but you are concerned about the security and reliability of the service, please be assured that your payment details are automatically secured and encrypted when you enter them.
Privacy and Data Protection:
The University provides this online payment facility as a service to you. We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We will only use information entered on this site for the following purposes:
- Administration of your payment and maintenance of your account with us, including the issue of receipts by e-mail and the administration of overpayments and refunds.
- To contact you about payments you have made.
- Prevention of fraud.
- Debt recovery
Occasionally, we might need to share your information with other organisations to fulfil the above purposes. We will not otherwise sell, licence or trade your personal information to others. We do not provide your personal information to direct marketing companies or other such organisations. We do not store your credit or debit card information after payments have been processed. By using this facility you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy. Though the policy has been developed to take account of changes in Internet technology it is subject to change and any such changes will only be notified on this page. The University ensures all processing of personal data is compliant with current and changing Data Protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
If you have any queries relating to this online payments facility, please contact: Income Team, Finance Department, Edge Hill University, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 4QP, United Kingdom
+44 (0)1695 657252