Edge Hill University has:
- A strategic focus on the employability of students from all backgrounds, ensuring that students acquire knowledge, skills and understanding that are most highly valued by employers
- Course design and assessment practices that provide scope for outstanding levels of stretch and secure optimum levels of engagement and commitment to learning enabling students to achieve their full potential
- A partnership approach to curriculum design that includes academics, employers, practitioners and students, assisted by the strategic oversight of department level Employer Advisory Fora
- The extensive use of personal tutorial support and predictive analytics to support achievement and welfare throughout the student journey, including the evaluation of induction and transition via the Student Journal Project
- Consistent student engagement with developments at the forefront of scholarship and practice through research-informed curriculum design, rigorous validation processes, and the professional experience of teaching staff
- A strategic and embedded institutional culture that facilitates, recognises and rewards excellent teaching, as exemplified by the appointment of University Learning and Teaching Fellows, annual student-led staff awards and the celebration of exceptional teaching at degree ceremonies.
You can find out more about the Teaching Excellence Framework by visiting the TEF Gold page.
The provider metrics, supplemented by the submission, indicate that students from diverse backgrounds achieve consistently outstanding outcomes.
Very high proportions of students continue with their studies and progress to employment or further study.
Very high proportions of part-time students from all backgrounds continue to highly skilled employment, notably exceeding the provider benchmark.
The metrics indicate very high levels of student satisfaction with teaching on my course and outstanding levels of satisfaction with assessment and feedback, and academic support, notably exceeding the provider benchmark.
You can find out more about why TEF Gold is significant by reading our TEF Gold explained page.