To encourage everyone to take personal responsibility and keep each other safe on campus, Edge Hill are asking all students and staff to adhere to the University’s Community Pledge during the pandemic.
With start of the autumn term just around the corner, the University is doing everything it can to protect the Edge Hill community and provide a Covid-secure environment.
The Community Pledge complements the robust measures in place and encourages everyone to personal responsibility for preventing the spread of the virus. Edge Hill is asking every student and member of staff to agree to:
- Fully adhere to official Public Health guidance in relation to Covid-19.
- Protect themselves and others by maintaining appropriate physical distance and hygiene.
- Unless exempt, wear a face-covering when and where required to do so.
- Not attend University if they feel unwell with, or if anyone has been in close proximity to others with Covid-19 symptoms or who have tested positive for the virus.
- Raise and respond to concerns of Covid-inappropriate behaviour in an open, constructive and respectful manner and, if necessary, adjust behaviours to be in line with Public Health and University guidelines.
Chair of the Campus Preparedness Group Steve Igoe said: “If we all work together to keep each other safe by agreeing to honour our Community Pledge we can prevent cases of Covid-19 and continue to provide the very best education for our students.”
You can find more about the community pledge here – ehu.ac.uk/pledge.
Find out more about the other safety measures in place on campus here – ehu.ac.uk/ensuring-a-safe-return-to-campus-this-autumn.