Edge Hill University has partnered with The Production Guild of Great Britain to deliver the first university partnership to channel new talent into UK film and TV drama production offices.
Edge Hill’s BA (Hons) degree in Television Production Management is now officially affiliated with The Production Guild, the UK’s leading membership organisation for those working in film and TV drama production.
Course participants in their third year of study become ‘student members’ of the Production Guild, receiving industry advice, information and resources to help plan their career paths. Upon graduation, their availability is promoted directly to the Production Guild’s membership of more than 950 members and 100 company affiliates, helping them find employment on active productions quickly and efficiently.
Alison Small, CEO of The Production Guild, said:
“We’re delighted to have our first official education partnership in place with Edge Hill University. Supporting new talent to enter the workforce is essential for the screen industry right now; production is booming and it’s vital that the UK’s pipeline of talent keeps delivering new entrants into junior roles, now and in the future. This type of partnership helps us bridge the gap for graduates moving from production-related study into paid work. It gives students a better understanding of the industry, so they’re better equipped to step into careers and progress quickly. It also makes their availability for work after graduation far more visible to production offices actively looking to fill junior positions. The North West is an exceptionally strong centre for film and TV drama production outside London, making it an excellent regional base to begin this targeted support.”
Perelandra Beedles, Programme Leader of Television Production Management at Edge Hill, said:
“The Television Production Management degree is unique not only for being the only one of its kind in the UK but also because of the strong relationships it has with the broadcast industry. Originally co-written with the BBC, we pride ourselves on providing our students with the knowledge and skills they need to move into broadcasting. The Production Guild work at the very heart of this industry so the benefits of this collaboration to our students will be enormous. It is also recognition of the standard we achieve with this programme.”
PG ‘student members’ receive:
- Access to Production Guild member-only information and resources, including the weekly e-newsletter with industry news and training opportunities
- A one-to-one meeting with an experienced industry professional working in production management and The Production Guild CEO, giving tailored advice on CV writing, starting out in the industry, how to plan and fulfil career goals.
- Insight from a production accountant or financial controller working in TV drama and/or feature film, about the relationship between production management and production accounting
- A student profile in the Production Guild e-newsletter
- Direct promotion of each graduate’s availability for work to The Production Guild’s members and affiliate companies upon completion of their course.
2019 applications for Edge Hill University’s BA (Hons) Television Production Management are now open – for more information or to apply, click here.