The clock is ticking, the countdown continues its inexorable progress, the midnight hour rapidly approaches. We could be talking about the moment we officially break from the European Union. Or Christmas, which seems to get earlier every year. Or even the day we have to admit smart fridges may be a good idea. But we’re not. It’s bigger than any of those things. Probably. It’s the Edge Hill Open Day.
And why is that big deal?
Mostly because it’s important to find out more about the place in which you may spend the next three years of your life. Just ask Edge Hill Computing student Sean Murphy:
“I recommend seeing as many universities as possible, but make sure Edge Hill is on your list. I promise that no university will compare to the friendly staff, amazing campus and brilliant people you will meet at Edge Hill. If you don’t believe me then come and see for yourself.”
To whet your appetite further, we chatted to a few lecturers about what to expect at an Edge Hill Open Day, and why Edge Hill could be the perfect place for you to study:
- Dr Charles Knight delivers an elevator pitch for Business Studies
- Dr Andrea Wright shines a spotlight on the Media department
- Adam Pendlebury lays down the Law department’s Open Day plans
- Dr Bob Nicholson on how History can shape our future
- John Marsden opens up about our new Counselling degree
- Dr Phil Rigby on the rewards of Teaching in Secondary and Further Education
- Dr Zayneb Allak on the stories behind the Creative Writing department
- Prof Andy Smith on how Sport really is for all