As well as improvements within each Department, the University also uses feedback to enhance central services for all students.
- The Library is now open 24/7 for 38 weeks of the year, an increase of 11% from last year
- Auto renewal of library books, making borrowing simpler and reducing library fines
- Improved access to computers with 24 new PCs, 36 loanable lap tops, and redeveloped space on the ground floor to support the additional computers and increase study space.
- A consistent and organised view of your courses and materials in Learning Edge to help you find information and course resources more easily.
- New lecture capture software to give you access to recordings of lectures.
- New CareerHub system offering a more user-friendly reliable vacancy service, online appointment booking, and more e-guidance via Ask a Question
- Additional resources to allow us to offer more appointments, plus Careers Express for emergency and short 15 minute appointments available every day
- Small group sessions for CV advice and other commonly requested topics
- Improved research and targeting of appropriate employers to match student interest and demand
- Introduction of Graduates First, a new psychometric testing software to support students with developing skills and confidence for assessment centre activity
- Targeted careers newsletters to raise awareness of activities and support available.
- ‘Welcome Thursday’ to give non-residential students the same welcoming and enrolment experience as those living on campus.
- Evening drop-in service for accommodation enquiries
- New sexual health and contraception clinic at the Health and Wellbeing Centre
- Facebook groups for each Hall of Residence to improve communication
- Social Group moved to a Thursday evening slot to avoid conflicting with EHSU society events and allow more students to attend.