Student feedback tells us
- That when placement allocation goes well, it goes really well
- Students appreciate service user/carer involvement
- Students value the quality of teaching, with special praise for interactive teaching methods.
How we are improving
Student feedback highlighted some areas where we could improve what we do. We listened and have made some changes.
Learning and teaching
- Refocused some elements of modules in relation to core content
- Increased/enhanced engagement with service users/carers and professionals.
- Increased the number and availability of opportunities for students to feedback to staff and discuss their issues, concerns and suggestions.
- Amended hand-in dates in response to requests, when appropriate
- Continued our efforts to enhance our assessment methods and their relationship to practice.
Plans for Further Improvement
Edge Hill aims to constantly learn and improve. Future plans based on feedback include:
- Introducing ‘Cohort Clinics’ across each cohort, three times per semester, in addition to the usual Staff-Student Consultative Forum, to increase opportunities for students to engage and give feedback
- Enhancing the Personal and Professional Development Portfolio
- Rolling out practice-based assessment formats, which are currently successfully used in specialist modules, to other modules.