Student feedback from the latest National Student Survey tells us that:
- The Social Science department has improved on all measures in the NSS this year
- Our Sociology programme is the best in the North West for ‘Organisation and Management’, ‘Personal Development’ and ‘Satisfaction with the Student Union’
- We are good at ‘Personal Development’ and ‘Organisation and Management’ of our programmes, especially Early Childhood Studies and Sociology
- Students appreciate the passion and support of their tutors.
How we are improving
Your feedback highlighted some areas where we could improve what we do. We listened and have made some changes.
Learning and teaching
- Increased the number of visiting speakers on modules to discuss their jobs and share their expertise with students.
- Removed the requirement to submit paper copies of assignments, with the exception of the undergraduate dissertation
- Changed the hand-in time for the final year Social Work module assignment to ensure tutors are available to discuss work prior to submission.
Plans for further improvement
Edge Hill aims to constantly learn and improve. Future plans based on feedback include:
- Adding to our opportunities to study abroad by developing ERASMUS links with the University of Amsterdam, as well as with the University of Zeeland
- Introducing a final year optional module that is delivered in Budapest by the PETO Institute.