More brilliant live music nights will be taking place at Edge Hill University every Friday night in November.
An impressive array of bands will be playing on the Ormskirk campus, including The Loud, a modern garage-glam band whose single “Amy’s Gonna Get You” has featured in NME’s top singles of the week; Liverpool band The Wicked Whispers, who have been described as “a great psychedelic pop group” by BBC 6 Music DJ and Edge Hill alumnus Stuart Maconie and The Rialto Burns, known for their high-octane live show.
The gigs are part of Cantina, the regular Friday night in the Venue, which brings the best live music around on to campus. It is organised by the Students’ Union in association with Liverpool Sound City. Since its launch in October, Cantina has been described by students as a night that “quite simply rocks” and “is definitely not to be missed”.
The full line-up for this month is…
- 2nd November, The Loud (Indie / Brit Rock) and The Wild Eyes (Grunge / Psych)
- 9th November, The Wicked Whispers (Pop / Rock)
- 16th November, The Rialto Burns (Indie Rock) and The Razz
- 23rd November, We The Undersigned (Funk / Big Band) and The Mono LPs.
- 30th November, The Sundowners (Retro / Pop) and Eva Peterson (Folk / Indie).
All the gigs will take place in The Venue, a members club for students and staff located on The Street. Tickets are available from the Students’ Union and are £2 with a student or staff card or £5 without. For more information, visit www.edgehillsu.org.uk.