- TV Studios
- Editing Booths
- Edit Share
- Loans & Requests
- Video Cameras
The Creative Edge building houses our two High-definition television studios. We offer industry standard broadcast equipment with
- Camera channels operated via either a studio configuration or hand held
- Production galleries and control rooms with reference lighting
- Totally tapeless workflow with a Media Asset Management system (EditShare)
- Fully independent talk back system to all studio areas
Here is a list of some of our equipment media students’ use in the studio:
- Sony and JVC HD Camera channels
- Sony MVS and For-A HVS Vision Mixers
- Full HD Routing across TV Studio spaces
- Full Talkback facilities across both studios
- Large Chroma Key infinity wall
- Fully populated motorised lighting rig
The Media Production team provide support to students and staff who use our media facilities. The team is based in the Creative Edge building, room G006 on the ground floor, just pop into the office or email MediaProduction@edgehill.ac.uk
Telephone 01695 657283 or ex 7283
You can also view our Media brochure which includes full details of media loans.
The top floor of the Creative Edge houses our media editing booths. We have the following editing software
We also offer an audio dubbing suite, on the lower ground floor level
- Pro-Tools HDX with a C24 automated sound mixing desk
- Sound performance rooms to add audio dialogue replacement
- A Foley pit for reproduction of sound effects
The media copying booth also has Windows editing, which allows students to copy media to DVD.
The Media Development team provide support to students and staff who use our media facilities. The team is based in the Creative Edge building, room G006 on the ground floor, just pop into the office or email MediaProduction@edgehill.ac.uk.
Telephone 01695 657283 or ex 7283.
Loans & Requests
Media students have exclusive access to a wide range of professional, broadcast-quality media items. All loans are free, however a fines system is in place for items that are returned late, or that are damaged or lost.
View our media brochure which includes full details of media loans.
Equipment can be requested with 3 working days advance notice (requests depend solely on the previous student returning kit on time).
Booking Request Forms – Choose the relevant form below:
- 1st year
- 2nd year
- 3rd year
- Masters / PHD
- Non standard loan request (and Department of Media staff) – non standard requests need to be accompanied with a signed form from your tutor.
- Media renewal request. – If you need your equipment for an extra day please complete this form. Due to the high demand Media items are only renewable once, subject to there being no other bookings.
We have produced a collection of videos to help you with the set up of cameras and equipment.
There is also a wide range of general issue media and audio visual equipment available for all students and staff to loan from the University Library. Items that can be borrowed include:-
- Digital stills cameras
- Camcorders and associated accessories
- Digital dictaphones
- CD players
Media Loans – Video Cameras
You can make a request to book a video camera by using our on-line request form.
Media Loans – Cameras
You can make a request to book a camera by using our on-line request form.
Media Loans – Lighting
You can make a request to book some lighting equipment by using our on-line request form.
Media Loans – Sound
You can make a request to book Sound equipment by using our on-line request form.
Media Loans – Accessories
You can make a request to book these accessories by using our on-line request form.