Government and Official Sources
- Department for Education is the Department with responsibility for education and children’s services.
- Department for Education: National Curriculum contains information about the new National Curriculum.
- Department for Education: Get into Teaching contains information about initial teacher training and the teaching profession for those thinking of entering the profession.
- Department for Education: Publications contains a list of recent Department for Education publications.
- Department for Education: Curriculum and Qualifications contains information on curriculum requirements for state schools.
- Education Scotland is the lead organisation for curriculum development in Scotland.
- OFSTED: Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills is the inspection body for schools, further education colleges and teacher training providers.
- Standards and Testing Agency is an executive agency of the DfE with responsibility for the development and delivery of statutory assessment through to the end of Key Stage 2.
- Anti-Bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals working together to stop bullying.
- Department for Education: School and college behaviour and attendance offers a list of useful resources to help schools prevent bullying and to manage behaviour.
- EACH: Educational Action Challenging Homophobia offers a number of resources on how to challenge homophobia and bullying.
- Kidscape works UK-wide to provide individuals and organisations with practical skills and resources necessary to keep children safe from harm.
- NASUWT: National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers provides prejudice-related bullying information.
- Stonewall: The Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Charity have a large number of resources for schools, teachers and students about tackling homophobia in schools.
- Schools Out specialise in resources for teachers to teach LGBT history and equality as well as combating homophobic bullying in schools.
Special Educational Needs
- British Dyslexia Association is a national organisation representing over 2 million people with dyslexia. The website has information for teachers, details of publications and events.
- SEND code of practice: 0 to 25 years contains statutory guidance for teachers.
- NASEN: National Association for Special Educational Needs contains details of publications, newsletters and many links to other related resources.
- National Autistic Society contains information, materials and resources for those interested in autism and autistic spectrum disorders.
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Association (SEBDA) campaigns for better services for children who have emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Aoc – Association of Colleges exists to represent and promote the interests of Colleges and provide members with professional support services.
- BBC Skillswise is the literacy and numeracy site from the BBC which contains a large amount of teaching and learning materials.
- Centre for Post-14 Education and Work is a research centre, which seeks to research current and future-oriented perspectives on post-14 education.
- City and Guilds is the leading vocational awarding body in the UK.
- The Education and Training Foundation works with teachers, trainers, leaders and employers to help them deliver excellent further and vocational education and training.
- Learning and Work Institute is an independent policy and research organisation dedicated to lifelong learning, full employment and inclusion.
- Skills Funding Agency funds skills training in Further Education in England.
- British Educational Research Association encourages educational research and its application to practice.
- Digital Education Resource Archive is a digital archive of all official documents in the areas of education, training, children and families, produced by the Institute of Education.
- Faculty of Education Research contains information about educational research undertaken by the Faculty of Education.
- NFER: National Foundation for Educational Research contains publications, reports and information relating to educational research.
- ALT – Association for Learning Technology is a professional and scholarly association which seeks to bring together all those with an interest in the use of learning technology.
- Association of Teachers and Lecturers is an Association which aims to support staff working across all educational institutions.
- National Association for Primary Education carries up to date information on primary issues.
- National Association of Head Teachers is the Association for all Heads and Deputies. Contains a news section, details of events and links to relevant sites.
- NASUWT The Teachers’ Union contains members from all educational settings and sectors
- National Union of Teachers contains information on the largest teachers’ union.
- The Society for Education and Training is the professional membership organisation of the Education and Training Foundation for practitioners working in post-16 education.
- Teaching and Learning Academy is a professional development organisation for teachers and the wider school workforce.
- Voice: The Union for Education Professionals contains information on the education professionals’ union.