Student Assistant Headshots wNamesAs we near ever closer the conclusion of the first semester, a reflection on the contribution our team of Student Advisors have made…

The team is based at the Ask Desk on the first floor of the University Library, offering flexible support to you in the building and on roving around the wider-campus, Monday-Friday, 11am-4pm.

Supporting students with a range of queries, from how to search the catalogue and find a book on the shelves, to locating journal articles online and how to reference them correctly.

The team have also been busy running drop-in sessions, on navigating Learning Edge and How to Submit Assignments, and after some great feedback, will continue to run sessions on what you need, when you need them.

StatsAll third year or Masters students, Tara, David, Sophie, Connor, Laura and Alice have brought with them a subject knowledge from their individual disciplines together with a wealth of experience from studying at Edge Hill, using that to help all students in a variety of ways –

“Helped me to understand the system to access library books, eBooks etc. As a mature student I found it hard to access the library online, however they helped me and now I am more confident and easily find my way around”

A great success so far, expect more of the same and more as we head into the second semester.

Continue to ask at the Ask Desk in the Library and stop them on their travels around campus: it’s peer-to-peer support – they’re here to support you.

Any questions or for more information please contact Paul.Reece@edgehill.ac.uk