As a holder of the Customer Service Excellence award for 8 years, Learning Services are committed to continuously improving our facilities, resources and services to ensure your learning experience is the best that it can be.
Not only are we still fully compliant in all elements of the award, but we received 3 compliance pluses. Compliance pluses are awarded when a service goes that extra mile. We were awarded compliance pluses for our insight into how customers use our services, resources and facilities, our approach to staff development and our use of mobile technologies.
The assessor also highlighted the following as areas of strength:
- Learning Services has a very good understanding of the needs of all of its customer groups and has used this understanding to develop and improve services to them.
- There are good levels of customer satisfaction across all areas of service delivery and, where in some academic Faculties and Departments these are lower, support has been available to help to improve satisfaction levels.
- There is a real culture of customer focus that stems from Managers down to, and upwards from, front line staff.
- Staff recognise the value of good customer service and the impact that their roles have on front line service provision, demonstrated through the speed with which resources become available for student borrowing.
- Staff are empowered to develop services both within their own areas of expertise and as members of wider teams and working groups across all areas of service delivery.
- Staff seek out new solutions to problems, for example, developing mobile solutions to accessing services.
- There are well established systems in place for monitoring and reviewing performance in respect of service delivery outcomes and the timeliness of delivery.
Do you agree with these statements? As always we would love to hear your feedback about what we do well, and what you feel we could improve: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/ls/feedback/
For more information about the Customer Service Excellence award contact:
Helen Jamieson, Customer Services Manager