Before commencing her doctoral research into the role of the law in the processes of state dissolution and state formation and teaching at Edge Hill University in September 2017, Monika worked within the UK’s largest employment law consultancy firm, as well as for several substantial solicitors’ firms within an area of civil litigation.
In addition, as a qualified public service interpreter, Monika worked not only within the legal sector but also within healthcare and for local government.
Monika read law at Edge Hill University where she gained numerous accolades for outstanding academic achievements and mooting ability which included: The Beryl Russell Academic Achievement Scholarship in recognition of achieving highest APM in the Faculty of Arts & Sciences, The Duncan Gibbins Solicitors Scholarship and The Edge Hill University Mooting Excellence Award.
In addition, Monika’s 2017 LLM thesis entitled ‘EU Solidarity: Constitutional Myth or Flawed Reality. A Study of the EU’s Response to the Migration Crisis’ was selected as the best postgraduate dissertation in the field of immigration and asylum by Journal of Immigration Asylum and Nationality Law.
Monika is a member of the European Society of International Law and an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
On a personal note, Monika is a fan of the great outdoors and of ‘everything lurcher’.
- Law Undergraduate Degree/ Edge Hill University, 2015, LLB – First Class honours
- The Degree of Master of Laws through Research/
- Edge Hill University, 2018, LLM – Without Amendments
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- LAW1001 – Legal Methods and Systems
- LAW1006 – Lawyers’ Skills
- LAW2001 – EU Constitutional Law
- LAW2004 – EU Substantive Law
- LAW2006 – Advanced Lawyers’ Skills
- European Union Law
- Comparative Law
- Applied Linguistics (legal/historical)
- Refugee and Migration Law
- International Human Rights Law
Lynch, M. (2018), ‘Unite or Unravel? The Future of the European Union’. Festival of Ideas 2018, Edge Hill University, 3rd June 2018