Andrea graduated in 2011 from the University of Milan with a thesis in civil law on the doctrine to the nature and commercialisation of sport’s broadcasting rights in United States and Europe, supervised by Professor Lucio Colantuoni. After the graduation, in 2012, Andrea was an intern at the T.M.C. Asser Instituut, The Hague, in the Department of International and European Sports Law. In September 2013, Andrea became a Graduate Teaching Assistant in the Department of Law and Criminology at Edge Hill University, where he also undertook a PhD on the application of Competition Law to Sports under the supervision of Professor Richard Parrish. Andrea successfully defended his PhD in 2017 and has joined Edge Hill University in 2018 as a Lecturer in Law. Before joining Edge Hill, Andrea has gained teaching experience with a number of institutions across the UK. Andrea is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, having completed his PGCert in 2016. Andrea is a member of the Centre for Sports Law Research.
- Masters Degree in Law, University of Milan, 2011;
- PGCert in Teaching in Higher Education, Edge Hill University, 2016
- PhD in Law, Edge Hill University, 2017.
- LAW1001 Legal Method & Systems
- LAW1003 Contract Law
- LAW2204 European Union Law
- LAW3049 Sports Law
- Sports Law
- Competition Law
- European Union Law
- Comparative Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Cattaneo A, Parrish, R, 2019 (Forthcoming) EU Sports Law Encyclopaedia, Kluwer Law International.
- Cattaneo, A., (2018) (Forthcoming – Accepted), Broadcasting Rights, in Manuale di Diritto Sportivo – Edited by the Centre for Sports Law Research of the University of Milan.
- Cattaneo A., (2018), State Aid, Chapter in EU Sports Law Handbook – Edited by Prof. Jack Anderson and Prof. Richard Parrish
- Cattaneo A., (2018), Social Dialogue and the Regulatory Power of Governing Bodies. The International Sports Law Journal. pp. 1-9.
- Cattaneo, A. (2018) ‘Competition Law in Sport’ Westlaw Insight.
- Cattaneo, A. (2015), ‘Financial Fair Play and European Union: is this the end of the beginning of the story?’ L. Rev 2015 76 (Aut) 51-52.
- Cattaneo, A., Colantuoni, L., Revello, E., (2014), The reform of the Italian Sporting Justice System, Global Tax Sports Law Report.
- Cattaneo, A. (2014), ‘Sport Is Public: State Aid and EU Law’ L. Rev 2014 72 (Sum) 52-54.
- Cattaneo, A. (2014), ‘No Competition Is More Competition: the BT Deal and its Consequences’ L. Rev 2014 71 (Spr) 48-49.
- Cattaneo, A., (2012), “The Nature of Broadcasting Rights in U.S. and Europe”, International Sports Law Journal, 2012/1-2, 95 – 101
- July 2018: Agents Regulations, Sport and EU 12th Annual conference, Edge Hill University.
- May 2018: Promoting Good Governance in Football through the Regulation of Players’ Agents’, Lisbon, Portugal.
- October 2017: ‘How Social Dialogue will save the regulatory power of Governing Bodies’, International Sports Law Conference, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- June 2016: ‘The issuing of EU Guidelines on the Application of EU Competition Law to Sport’, Sport and EU 10th Annual conference, Madrid, Spain.
- June 2015: ‘State Aid and the Role of Sports Governing Bodies”, Sport and EU 9th Annual Conference, Angers, France.
- April 2015: ‘“State Aid and Sport”, Cutting Edge Postgraduate Conference, Edge Hill University.
- June 2014: ‘The importance of the benefit of Consumers in Broadcasting Rights Agreements’, Sport and EU 9th Annual Conference, Cologne, Germany.
- March 2014, ‘The Right to Access to Sporting Events as a Means to Promote Cultural Identity’, Cutting Edge Conference, Edge Hill University.