Katherine Traynor
LLB (Hons) Law, 2017

Law and Psychology Exterior

The learning didn’t stop when Katherine graduated from Edge Hill, this determined student carrying on where she left off, this time at the University of Liverpool.

As well as a Litigation Paralegal role for Hodge Halsall Solicitors and freelance legal writer/researcher work, she became a full-time LL.M. (General) postgraduate, praising those who oversaw her progress.

Katherine, also an enterprise and employability volunteer at Wigan Youth Zone, recommends her past role as Edge Hill’s Law Clinic Student Adviser as the skills she learned were the foundations to her successful mini-pupillages and paralegal role.

She was also part of a Moot Court Competition team that made a national final, and Vice-President of the Law and Criminology Society where she organised several events in including the 2017 Law Ball.

Katherine is now enjoying university life again, including further participation in high-profile moot and advocacy competitions.

“I couldn’t have asked for a more supportive network of first-class lecturers. During my degree, my father passed away. Despite this, maintaining a full-time job, I achieved a first and received a second-year academic achievement award. I had a very successful time at Edge Hill, and hope to have the same success during my LL.M. and future career at the Bar.”

Katherine Traynor