The English Language Plus Computer Science Summer Programme is a 3 week programme at the EHU campus.
This course aims to improve your English language skills and your ability to speak fluently and accurately. You will improve your writing, reading and listening skills but the major focus will be on your speaking skills. It also aims to provide you with sessions on aspects of Computer Science in order to meet your interests in this area.
At the end of your stay on campus we will hold a celebration event when you will be presented with your certificate of attendance. This is our chance to say farewell to you, and to wish you well for the future.
If you would like to add an extra week in London (subject to additional cost) please contact us for more information.
Our busy social programme is designed to help you get the most of your time in England and includes visits to the Liverpool and Rufford Old Hall, together with a range of evening activities.
You will be accommodated in a single en-suite room in one of our high quality student residences on campus. Rooms are in blocks of six or eight with free WIFI access.
You will have access to a fully fitted kitchen so you will be able to prepare your own evening meals with your friends. We have various catering outlets available on campus and many cafes, restaurants and shops in Ormskirk town centre (10 minutes walk).
|Arrival||Teaching Starts||Teaching Ends||Depart Edge Hill|
Applications and entry requirements
- Applicants must be aged over 18.
- A minimum English language level of B2 (CEFR), equivalent to IELTS 4.5 in each sub-skill is required
You can apply to our 2019 summer programme using the application form.
A deposit of £500 is required at the time of application. All remaining fees must be paid by 1st May 2019.
Applicants who require prior entry clearance to enter the UK should allow appropriate time for visa application processing. You can check if you require prior entry clearance on the Visa National List.
What is included?
The English Language Plus Computer Science includes the following:
- All learning resources including work books
- Pre-arrival support from the International Office
- Airport transfer on arrival on set arrival date(s) (Manchester Airport only)
- Single en-suite accommodation (inclusive of towels and bedding) and shared fully equipped kitchen
- Welcome snack and drink / breakfast
- Welcome buffet
- 12 hours English Language tuition, 3 hours subject tuition plus one afternoon subject specific visit, per week
- Orientation and induction including half day excursion to Liverpool
- 2 evening activities each week e.g. movie night, sports evening, quiz night
- Internet access
- Gym membership and sports facilities access
- Access to library and online resources
- Support from International office
- 24 hour support from our Campus Support team
- Farewell celebration and presentation of certificates
The cost of the English Language Plus Computer Science programme is £2215