In our experience, good communication is vital between students, academic and service staff. We aim to work with you in a solution focused way to provide an inclusive and holistic service. Our aim is that you enjoy your time at university and get the most out of it. If this is to happen, we need to work in partnership with you. The information below will help us to do this.
Inclusive Services aims to work with you:
- and others to ensure your learning requirements are appropriately assessed and met
- to enable and empower you to study and live as independently as possible
- to communicate effectively with all relevant parties, internally and externally
- to monitor, review and evaluate your progress and adapt your support accordingly
- to raise awareness and understanding of inclusive learning and ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ are put in place to enable you to be an effective and autonomous learner
Your responsibilities as a student are to:
- make contact with the Inclusive Services team as soon as possible to ensure your learning requirements are considered and ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made
- engage and participate in all aspects of your support e.g. DSA applications
- talk to your personal tutor/academic staff about your learning requirements
- keep us informed of any changes in your requirements and/or contact details
- agree with academic staff to attend your classes and support sessions, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so e.g. illness
- contact your funding body, e.g. Local Authority, Student Finance England as appropriate
- take responsibility for your learning and keep us informed
For more information on the above or any other query, contact the Inclusive Services Team.